IPB

Site eLady | Articole eLady | Adrese utile | Trimite articol pentru eLady.ro | Trimite adresa utila | Contact 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's speak English!, practise conversation with us
walpurgik
post Jul 12 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Musafir

I kept thinking these days that most of us consider English as a second language, a privileged linguistic area from which we take words/phrases and "jargonize" our Romanian sometimes pushing it up to extremes. I also believe it to be nourishment to our minds as a lot of info provided by media comes to us through this means, the music we psychedelically apprehend and feel is mostly filtered through this language, our job which demands it more and more imperatively nowadays. It's a river of words which we fish sometimes to appease our hunger of expression, of more meaningful communication, caringly making use, but also carelessly making abuse of.
I thought we might create a virtual space here where we could share opinions, exercise our minds in other languages than our own, enhance our skills in writing and speaking-in-writing through colloquialisms. If this be taken enthusiastically, I suggest we have session of conversation in other languages as well (Francais, Deutsch, Italiano, Espagnol, so on and so forth), perhaps it suits us well to get to improve language skills with pleasure and along with friends than alone trying to decipher the mystery of grammar stuff or so.
We may talk about certain issues or let the flow of language follow its way, it's up to you.
As a topic starter I thought of demanding you about what you think of the following affirmation; feel free to state your point of view, discuss, argue, whatever.
Here it is: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pistolar.gif) It's a challenge!

The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.
-James A. Michener, attributed

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Diana.
post Jul 12 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Fondator eLady.ro

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 5

Mai bine am face exercitii de scris/vorbit corect romaneste, ca pina si la noi sint unii oameni care au probleme mari.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Scuze, Walpu, nu m-am putut abtine, dar ai nostri au inceput sa vorbeasca mai mult romengleza de balta. Si cind vad atitia "as fii" , "trebuie sa fi", dezacoarde care ieste, toate combinate cu englezisme la kilogram, ma ia cu rau de la lingurica...

+Quote Post
walpurgik
post Jul 12 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Musafir

Inteleg ce spui. Pai ma gandeam ca poate prinde la cei interesati cu adevarat. Tocana de nelogica gramaticala pe care o regurgiteaza unii pe aici e nelipsita si vine fie din neglijenta, nestiinta, cine stie.
Eu personal m-as aventura pe un topic din asta si pe franceza si italiana pentru ca tin sa invat sa comunic eficient in aceste limbi.
Deschidem si pe romana unul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) , dar cred ca este deja ceva "cum se zice: asa1 sau asa2?"

+Quote Post
Diana.
post Jul 12 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #4

Fondator eLady.ro

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 5

Da, insa nu e cine stie ce vizitat. In orice caz, nu de cei care ar avea cu adevarat nevoie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
vesperala
post Jul 13 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #5

Musafir

QUOTE(walpurgik @ Jul 12 2007, 05:57 PM) *
The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.

what a splendid quote... but to me it seems to be the one and only possible definition of a genius, not only of someone who truly discovered bliss... Those words can describe also an unhappy man...so , maybe the art of living is also the art of "feel"... not only happiness deserve our attention.

+Quote Post
angeldust
post Jul 13 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Musafir

QUOTE(walpurgik @ Jul 12 2007, 02:57 PM) *

Well wouldn't that be great... to find someone that will pay you for what you enjoy doing, so that work and play would be the same thing. Unfortunately it's quite impossible most of the time. It usually works the other way around... you have to learn to enjoy whatever it is that you're doing, and that is rather fucking hard than easy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
sylvia_31
post Jul 13 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #7

Incurabil

Group: Membru de Onoare
Member No.: 868

QUOTE(angeldust @ Jul 13 2007, 10:41 AM) *
Well wouldn't that be great... to find someone that will pay you for what you enjoy doing, so that work and play would be the same thing. Unfortunately it's quite impossible most of the time. It usually works the other way around... you have to learn to enjoy whatever it is that you're doing, and that is rather fucking hard than easy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

For me, the "tragedy" is not getting enough money for my work (thanks God that I have other sources, also). I love my work, I'm addicted to it. Pleasure is a lot more important than money.

+Quote Post
divi2007
post Jul 13 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #8

Musafir

i think going at work sad and not happy in time will affect not even your health but even your relations with other people and why i said that it s because i try it on my skin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/zapacitul.gif) so my advice is to do what you like and what you feel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
walpurgik
post Jul 13 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #9

Musafir

QUOTE(angeldust @ Jul 13 2007, 10:41 AM) *
It usually works the other way around... you have to learn to enjoy whatever it is that you're doing, and that is rather fucking hard than easy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Perhaps that's the whole point, cause the art of doing something, whatever its nature be- the art of living here, is not innate, but it's a whole process of learning how to's. The moment you've learned or acquired the strength and experience necessary to live (master it) at ease with yourself and whatever is that you're doing, then you may realize that there is no place for frustrations, for self-pity. Once attained that goal, utopically optimistic and perfectionist, you pursue your interests, you make life, and not let it overtake you. There's no struggle for what the others may think, it's only the complex will of following what is best in your power of action. Therefore, pursuing the "vision of excellence" is not of neglect, because that may be the key to fully accomplish desires (ours, theirs) and imperatives-never seeing them in such way.

Thank you girls for sharing thoughts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/kiss.gif)
Next (feel free to add some things to discuss of you own):

It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than the night before, like a switch has been flicked somewhere, and the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
-, The X-Files (the character Dana Katherine Scully)

+Quote Post
angeldust
post Jul 14 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #10

Musafir

Oh...X-Files indeed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Well ... to a point I'd have to agree with Miss Scully. It's well known the fact that relationships that are started with a strong friendship foundation are more likely to last than those based only on passion. But other times a friend is just that...a friend...and it's best he stays that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:03 PM