IPB

Site eLady | Articole eLady | Adrese utile | Trimite articol pentru eLady.ro | Trimite adresa utila | Contact 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's speak English!, practise conversation with us
cristina_h
post Jul 9 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #51

Contaminat

Group: Contaminat
Member No.: 4,198

I don't know, I keep thinking about society and the fact that man is a so called social animal. If we do live all together, so close, just a few metres one from another isn't it natural to learn or to copy what the others do, whether good or bad actions. If we are to look at very young children we see that every action is copied from their parents, only later they learn to act for themselves, and even then there are remnants of certain unspoken rules of how to behave, how to speak, what decisions to take. To my mind it's practically impossible not to imitate others, especially the ones that we admire, and in the same time it could be a good thing to follow a good example. Now does this mean that we lose something from our individuality, from our substance, from our soul? I guess the question arises , would we be anything without those people who surround us? Those children raised by wolves, adopted their way of life, and I think that as long as we live among people it is impossible not to copy others, and if we were to isolate ourselves from our fellow men we would lose exactly what makes us human.
A more recent problem is the influence that T.V and the internet has on people, especially children and adolescents, the fact that they learn and feel more attracted to the violent side of man. But this is a topic I would not like to tackle by myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kalua
post Feb 7 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #52

Musafir

Neologisme americane:

Photobombing - an update on the classic bunny ears, photomombing is when a stranger jumps into the background of a shot, becoming a conspicuous part of it.

Flexitarian - the name for the 30-40 percent of Americans who seek out all-vegetarian meals but occasionally opt to eat meet.

Upcycling - it's the latest waste-reduction tactic of taking something that is disposable and transforming it into something of greater use and value - newspapers made into bracelets, old T-shirts made into bags.

Never Greens - about 10 percent of American consumers don't care about the environment, and they certainly don't buy sustainable or green products. Now they have a name.

+Quote Post
sylvia_31
post Mar 12 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #53

Incurabil

Group: Membru de Onoare
Member No.: 868

Please help !
Cum e corect tradus "sa hoinaresc in Paris" ?
roaming Paris or
roaming in Paris
sau poate aveti alte sugestii.

Thank you very much !

+Quote Post
Master of Norule...
post Mar 12 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #54

V.I.P.

Member No.: 1,880

Nus sigur stroll in Paris.
Walpu te lamureste cel mai bine.

+Quote Post
Cindy
post Mar 12 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #55

V.I.P.

Group: Administratori
Member No.: 180

Cred ca roam through Paris. Sau wander through Paris. Mie imi place mai mult cum suna 'wander'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
kary_pink
post Mar 12 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #56

Musafir

strolling in Paris

+Quote Post
Master of Norule...
post Mar 12 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #57

V.I.P.

Member No.: 1,880

Wander suna cel mai bine.

+Quote Post
Cindy
post Mar 12 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #58

V.I.P.

Group: Administratori
Member No.: 180

QUOTE(kary_pink @ Mar 12 2009, 11:37 AM) *
strolling in Paris

Si stroll e bun dar cred ca se refera mai mult la a te plimba in voie, agale...nu neaparat hoinari. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Lilisor
post Mar 12 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #59

Musafir

Am si eu o problema! Fac "pregatire" cu 2 prietene si cu al meu la engleza si scopul meu principal e sa punem la punct gramatica, sa mai invete ceva vocabular si sa vad ce fac cu pronuntia atat de frantuzeasca mai ales a colegelor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/magindesc.gif) . Rugamintea mea e sa-mi recomande cineva carti mai acceptabile sau texte pentru ca se pare ca o carte pe care eu o consider piece of cake al meu nu intelege absolut nimic din ea...
Sar'mana in avans (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post
sylvia_31
post Mar 12 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #60

Incurabil

Member No.: 868

Multam de pareri, fetele (IMG:style_emoticons/default/kiss.gif) !
Hai sa va zic toata propozitia, sau, ma rog, raspunsul la intrebare (IMG:style_emoticons/default/zapacitul.gif) .
Suna cam siropos (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) : Roaming through Paris with the one I love.
Stroll nu-mi place cum suna, wandering mi se pare ca are o tenta de neserios, roaming are un sound tehnic, of, tare greu de satisfacut mai sunt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 04:32 AM